Skip to content
  1. Home
  2. >>
  3. History and Art of St Peter’s

History and Art of St Peter’s

2015-02-07 12.38.56

 

St Peter’s was built in 1907 by the wealthy émigré Russian patron of the arts, Marc-André Raffalovich, for his old friend Father John Gray, who in his youth had been a celebrated poet of the “aesthetic” movement, alongside Oscar Wilde and Aubrey Beardsley.  The work of Sir Robert Lorimer (champion of the “Arts and Crafts” movement) this Grade A listed building remains a repository of exquisite metalwork, woodcarving, paintings, statuary and stained glass.

To view the art of the church and find out more about it’s history, come to visit us.

Alternatively view this slide show :
Doors Open Presentation 2017; Art & History of St Peter’s (PDF)

Buy the book about St Peter’s

Scroll Up