- SUNDAY 11.30 am
- MON 10am; 9.30 am Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- WED 7.30pm 7pm Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- FRI 10am 9.30 am Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- SAT 12 noon 11.30 am Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
- Holydays of Obligation as per newsletter
- This week’s Masses visit the Mass Times page.
Liturgy of the Word with Holy Communion
- TUES & THURS 9am (side chapel)
- View a video on the meaning of the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
- How do you receive communion reverently?
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday 11.15-11.45 am
- Gift of Sacrament of Reconciliation and Confession explained
- How to go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Confession – A “How to” for those who forget
- How do I go to confession part 1
- How to go to confession part 2 What should you not confess?
Preparation for the Sacraments
Sacraments are celebrations of the faith of the Christian community and ideally should be prepared for with the assistance of the community and celebrated in the presence of the community.
For baptism, there is the team that oversees the Baptismal Preparation Courses for parents seeking baptism for their children.
Reconciliation, Confirmation and Eucharist
For Reconciliation, Confirmation and Eucharist, there is the team that assists parents in the gradual initiation of their children into full communion with the Catholic Church through the Christian Initiation of Children (CIC).
- Christian Initiation of Children (CIC)
- View Bishop Robert Barron’s video on the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
First Confession and First Holy Communion: non-Catholic schools
A preparation course for the Sacraments of First Confession and First Holy Communion for children attending non-Catholic schools will commence in October after 9.30am on Sundays at St Columba’s Church. Interested parents please contact Sr Karin at email@example.com
Thinking of becoming a Catholic?
RCIA: Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
For adults who wish to know more about the Catholic Faith and be prepared for the reception of the sacraments of initiation, there is the RCIA team of catechists.
- Visit out RCIA page.
A team of marriage catechists collaborate in the preparation of engaged couples.
Weddings by arrangement with the parish priest.
Anointing of the Sick
This sacrament is available for any who are in danger of death by reason of illness or age or who are due to undergo surgery. By arrangement with the parish priest;
0131 447 2502 (preferred)
Priests for Scotland
c/o Bishops’ Conference of Scotland
64 Aitken Street
Airdrie, ML6 6LT
Tel. 01236 764 061