Praying with Scripture
The goal of Lectio Divina is an expanding capacity to listen with the heart to the word of God in all of life’s situations, leading to a more constant awareness of God’s presence. It is a listening that leads to a new way of seeing and an integration of prayer, work and relationship with others. These are the five stages.
5 Steps of Lectio Divina
- Reading. Read a passage slowly and carefully within the bible.
What words or phrases strike me, stand out or emerge from the text?
- Meditation. Thinking deeply or dwelling upon a spiritual reality within a text.
What is God saying to me in MY life?
- Prayer. Having a loving conversation with God.
- Contemplation. Resting in Gods presence.
- Action. Go and do likewise.
- How to Pray Lectio Divina – Part 1 video
- How to Pray Lectio Divina – Part 2 video
- How to Pray Lectio Divina – Part 3 video
- How to Pray Lectio Divina – Part 4 video