This engages thought, imagination, emotion and desire. First you must find silence and stillness.
- Imaginative Contemplation
- Lectio Divina (praying with scripture)
- Examen also known as the Examination of Consciousness or the Review of the Day.
- The Rosary
- Other methods of prayer from St Ignatius’ Spiritual Exercises
- Prayer of remembering
- Reviewing your prayer
- Pray as you go
- Ignatian Discernment
- Discernment – an approach to making decisions
Other methods of meditative prayer through:
- fine art
- stained glass
- creation and nature
- drawing and painting
Discerning Hearts: “Discerning Hearts is a trusted resource for Catholic spirituality and teaching. I support it as an apostolate for the new evangelisation that brings the Good News to every corner of the world through the internet.” Most Reverend George J. Lucas, Archbishop of Omaha.
Find out more about: