Thinking of going on a retreat?
Visit the Epiphany Group
God’s invitation to relationship
A four evening short prayer course to support people into a deeper prayer life through tutors’ input, guided prayer experience and sharing.
- General introduction to prayer, stilling and Examen
- Lectio Divina – praying with scripture
- Imaginative prayer
- Praying with art
Sacred Heart Church
Thursdays 23rd May, (skip one week) then 6th, 13th & 20th June 2019
Juliet MacKellaig; Epiphany Group spiritual director
This course aims to help people to pray and live reflectively by offering an opportunity to explore faith, discover meaning, and come to a deeper relationship with God.
For whom is the course intended?
The course is intended for those of different denominations and none. No particular ability in prayer is required, only a desire for God.
- Different ways of praying taken from Ignatian, Celtic and other spiritual traditions.
- Awareness of our different perceptions of God. The use of a journal and the value of self-awareness as aids to reflective living.
- Prayer experienced through music, art and movement.
- An introduction to Ignatian discernment, through which a person may come to make choices which celebrate the unique giftedness conferred on them by the Creator.
The method is experience-based and reflective. It includes small group sharing. Also, because of the participatory nature of the course, it is important that there is a commitment to attend regularly.
In addition to the weekly, or monthly, group meetings – depending on location – participants are offered the opportunity of one-to-one spiritual accompaniment.
Towards the end of the course there is a short retreat.
Dates October 2019 – April 2020
Cost The course fee is £360; in full or as monthly payments
No-one should feel excluded because of cost. Bursaries are available.
Applications and further information:
Applications should be made as soon as possible. For more information please contact:
Sharon Laidlaw, 16 Burnet Crescent, East Saltoun, East Lothian, EH345BZ, 07557104380, firstname.lastname@example.org