24th Sunday of Ordinary Time
“But who do you say that I am?” Peter said in reply, “The Messiah of God.” Luke 9;20
- Word on Fire: homily on Sunday’s Gospel
- Pathway’s to God
- Pray as you go
- Salt and Light Media Sunday reflections
- Sunday Bible reflections: Dr Scott Hahn at St Paul’s Centre of Biblical Theology
- Sunday Connection, Loyola Press: background and activities to better understand Sunday’s Scripture readings.
- This Sunday Website; prayers and commentary on this week’s gospel
- Torch: The Dominican Friars comment on the Sunday Gospel
Daily Readings and Prayer
- Audio of today’s readings
- Video of daily readings
- Regnum Christi Daily Meditation
- Daily Gospel commentary from Living Space
- Pray as you go; daily prayer
- Sacred Space daily prayer
- Daily Inspirations from Loyola Press
- Daily video commentary reflection
- Pathway’s to God: Thought for the Day and Daily Offering
- Universalis – Divine Office for Today (Liturgy of the Hours: Readings at Mass, Office of Readings; Morning Prayer, Terce (mid-morning), Sext (midday), None (mid-afternoon) , Evening Prayer, Night Prayer and About Today)
- EWTN daily readings and homily
- Wednesday Word: prepare for next week’s Mass
Word of Life
- Word of Life page for a prayerful monthly reflection
Bishop Robert Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- View topical videos on popular culture by Bishop Barron of Word on Fire.
- Read articles and comment on present day issues by Bishop Barron and his team.
Discerning Hearts is a massive collection of spiritual formation podcasts from eminent authors and speakers on the following categories:
Gospel of Mark Cycle B
This coming year in ordinary time the Gospel of Mark being used for the readings.
Exploring Mark by Nicholas King SJ – video series
Mass Readings Explained
For an overview of the Bible
- Basics for Catholics: The Bible overview in an hour.
- New Testament Basics for Catholics: The New Testament overview in an hour.