Sunday Homilies & Archives
from Fr Douglas & Deacon Smith
- Word on Fire: homily on Sunday’s Gospel
- Pathway’s to God
- Pray as you go
- Sunday Bible reflections: Dr Scott Hahn at St Paul’s Centre of Biblical Theology
- Sunday Connection, Loyola Press: background and activities to better understand Sunday’s Scripture readings.
- This Sunday Website; prayers and commentary on this week’s gospel
- Torch: The Dominican Friars comment on the Sunday Gospel
- Institute of Catholic Culture Sunday bible study
Daily Readings and Prayer
- Audio of today’s readings
- Video of daily readings
- Regnum Christi Daily Meditation
- Pray as you go; daily prayer
- Sacred Space daily prayer
- Living Space; commentaries on the daily readings
- Daily video commentary reflection
- Pathway’s to God:
- Universalis – Divine Office for Today (Liturgy of the Hours: Readings at Mass, Office of Readings; Morning Prayer, Terce (mid-morning), Sext (midday), None (mid-afternoon) , Evening Prayer, Night Prayer and About Today)
- EWTN daily readings and homily
- Wednesday Word: prepare for next week’s Mass
Word of Life
- Word of Life page for a prayerful monthly reflection
Bishop Robert Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.
- View topical videos on popular culture by Bishop Barron of Word on Fire.
- Read articles and comment on present day issues by Bishop Barron and his team.
Discerning Hearts is a massive collection of spiritual formation podcasts from eminent authors and speakers on the following categories:
Gospel of Luke Cycle C
This coming year in ordinary time the Gospel of Luke being used for the readings.
- Bringing the Gospel of Luke to life
- This short course aims to give participants an understanding of the meaning of Luke’s Gospel for those for whom it was originally written as well as how it is meaningful for our lives today.
Mass Readings Explained
For an overview of the Bible
- Basics for Catholics: The Bible overview in an hour.
- New Testament Basics for Catholics: The New Testament overview in an hour.